Cookies can be classified as follows:
– Session Cookies are erased immediately when the website browser is closed;
– Persistent Cookies remains memorized in the website for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to a website and help the authentication process of the user;
– Own Cookies are generated and managed directly by the website controller on which the data subject is navigating;
– Third-party Cookies are generated and managed by other parties rather than the website controller.
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
1) Own cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies, necessary for the operation of the Website, for internal security and administrative purposes within the system;
2) Third party cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies to allow the data subject to use the multimedia elements present on the Website, such as images and videos;
3) Third party cookies and persistent cookies, used by the Website to send statistics to Google Analytics, through which Quadrans Foundation can conduct statistics analysis on accesses/visits to the Website. The cookies are strictly used to serve statistics purposes and collect information in an aggregated form. Through the use of a pair of cookies – one persistent and one session (expires when the browser is closed), Google Analytics fills a registry that contains the length and the time of access to/exit from the Website.
4) Third party cookies and persistent cookies, used by the Website to include buttons for accessing social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. By clicking on these buttons, the data subject can publish the content of the Website that is visiting on his or her social network platforms.
The following table shows in details the types of cookies used on the Website:
|Information Acceptance and user’s decision||www.quadrans.io||Persistent||Own|
|Social Media||Facebook Button||Persistent||Third parties|
|Social Media||Twitter Button||Persistent||Third parties|
|Social Media||Telegram Button||Persistent||Third parties|
|Social Media||Linkedin Button||Persistent||Third parties|
|Remarketing||Google Analytics||Google Uses Information||Persistent||Third parties|
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used.
Denying the setting of third party cookies does not interfere in any way with the navigability of the Website.
The setting can be customized specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore, all popular browsers allow the data subject to choose different settings for “own cookies” and “third party cookies”.
For example, in Firefox it is possible to access a control panel where the user can choose whether to accept different types of cookies or disable and clear them (Tools ->Options -> Privacy).
• Google Chrome: How to manage Cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: How to manage Cookies
• Internet Explorer: How to manage Cookies
• Microsoft Edge: How to manage Cookies
• Safari (Desktop): How to manage Cookies
• Safari (Mobile): How to manage Cookies
• Browser Android: How to manage Cookies
• Opera: How to manage Cookies
For other browsers, the consultation of the product’s official documentation is recommended.